What We Do
- Provide support for Creative Fibre tutors and workshop organisers
- Co-ordinate Creative Fibre’s Correspondence Course programme
- Organise and co-ordinate teaching tours by New Zealand and overseas tutors
- Promote the use of resource materials such as videos and DVDs by members
Tutors and Workshops
Creative Fibre has many fibrecraft experts and tutors who are willing to teach a wide range of fibrecraft skills. We provide an up-to-date list of experienced tutors and their workshops. Our area delegates and group leaders can learn more about organising workshops by downloading the Workshop Information Guidelines. To maintain a high standard of educational opportunities for members, organisers are encouraged to download the Workshop Evaluation Forms. The Education Committee are happy to provide teaching advice and support for all our tutors and any members intending to teach workshops.
Creative Fibre Certificated Correspondence Courses are subsidised by the Society and are great value for money. Students receive a comprehensive study pack along with excellent tutorial support and you can study at home, at your own pace and in your own time. Regular assignment dates are set so that your tutors can assess your progress and provide guidance and support. All successful participants are listed in Creative Fibre magazine. Download the Correspondence Course Brochure for more information.
- Handspinning Module 1 – Wool
- Handspinning Module 2 – Merino
- Merit Design
- Advanced Design
- Tapestry Weaving for Beginners Stages I and II
- Tapestry Weaving for Beginners – Design