Llama fibre, knitting yarn (manufactured from pure llama fibre) and handcrafted garments for sale. Also Gotland sheep fleeces and knitting yarn (manufactured from pure Gotland fleeces). Visitors are welcome to view the animals ‘at home’, and the gallery which sells their products. Cover charge of $10 applies unless making a purchase.
Making all your fibre dreams come true…
100% NZ grown & processed Organic and eco-friendly hand-dyed Ultrafine and Superfine Merino top, Silk and luxury fibre.
Cochenille Garment Designer Software, Ertoel – Roberta Electronic NZ distributer, Majacraft dealer.
Want something special, I let me source it for you.
Wool yarn (carpet grade).
Multicoloured carded wool.
Clean short fibre hemp.
Wool noils (suitable for stuffing)
New Zealand’s Leading Specialists in Hand Knitting Yarns and Accessories. We are stockists of Brother and Singer Sewing Machines. We have ten shops around New Zealand. A New Zealand owned Family Business.
Orders Only: 0800 564884
We supply raw and carded fibre, both in natural and hand dyed colours.
100% alpaca yarns in natural white and hand dyed colours.
80% alpaca, 20% merino 2 ply yarns in natural fawns and hand dyed colours
Yarns and fibre are available from our website, Facebook page or email. Visitors welcome by appointment.
Ineke and Jacob van Neuren
604 Waimate Highway
RD1 Timaru 7971
Carded Sliver natural & dyed for spinning.
Carded Merino Sliver natural & dyed in batts for Felting.
Merino batts for Felting.
Commission carding – specialising in fine fleeces.
Natural & Dyed Crossbred for sale for Spinning and Needle Felting
Woolcraft supplies, fleeces (I have a farm and grow fleece for handcraft use), slivers, yarn, woolcraft equipment, Wizpick felting needles, diagonal weaving boards.
Proprietor: Anne Grassham
We are both an online and have a physical retail shop
- Ashford Agent
- General craft supplies
- Hand-dyed ranges of silk embroidery threads, silk ribbons and silk fibres, Plus alpaca, Merino, silk, and Merino/silk sliver for felting and spinning, all hand painted by Christine of FibreHart.
- Jacquard acid dyes.
- Knitting yarns / spinning and felting fibres / quilting fabrics/ local crafts and gifts
Hand Dyed Spinning Wools, Felting wools, Silk Fibres and related products, Hand Dyed Knitting Wools, Handspun Luxury Knitting Wools, Embroidery threads.
Exotic fibres, fleeces, natural dyes, craft books & magazines, knitting yarn, classes. All handcraft supplies.
Ashford spinning wheels, looms, fibres and accessories.
Mail order and on line shopping.
Slivers – silk/wool, silk/bamboo, silk/cotton, hemp, cotton, soybean
Minimum order 1 kg. Discounts 5 kg and over.
ALPACA Specialising in superfine/fine alpaca fibre, 12 natural colours including white
Raw fleece; washed and carded sliver
Luxurious bright coloured silk and alpaca blends
Alpaca yarns; 2 ply, 4 ply, 8 ply in natural colours
Scarf knit kits in vibrant dyed 2 ply, with pattern
Order from our website shop
We look forward to supplying you with quality alpaca.
Proprietors: Linda Blake and Nic Cooper
- Merino, Halfbred, Romney, Lincoln, Corriedale, Crossbred
- Superfine, fine, medium, strong
- Black, Brown, Grey, Fawn, Spotted
- Imported fantasy yarns from Crystal Palace, Trendsetter, Prism, Katia, Patons, Cleckheaton, and others.
- Spinning wheels and accessories – new and secondhand
- Weaving accessories
- Sliver – natural and dyed
- Yarns – natural, dyed, felted and novelty
- Dyes. Knitwear. Washed fleeces.
- Wool and silk tops.
- Felting fleeces and needles.
Farm and workshop tours.
Stockists of Ashford products for spinning, weaving, knitting, felting.
Stockists of Majacraft products.
(Located just south of the Otaihanga Roundabout on SH1)
Yarn manufacturer and retailer.
Unless a Creative Fibre member is wishing to commission a spin batch of yarn of 300kg or more, all other enquiries are now handled through Skeinz. These include purchasing Naked Skeinz for small scale dying.
- Alpaca fibre (raw and carded)
- The best of New Zealand alpaca yarns from 1 ply to 8 ply, boucle and hand dyed sock yarn
- Hand woven alpaca products.
Home also to the Cuesta Weave weaving studio. We also do farm tours.
The Alpaca Box shop is open most days, but please phone first 09 292 4334.