Hand Dyed Spinning Wools, Felting wools, Silk Fibres and related products, Hand Dyed Knitting Wools, Handspun Luxury Knitting Wools, Embroidery threads.
Woolcraft supplies, fleeces (I have a farm and grow fleece for handcraft use), slivers, yarn, woolcraft equipment, Wizpick felting needles, diagonal weaving boards.
Proprietor: Anne Grassham
We are both an online and have a physical retail shop
- Ashford Agent
- General craft supplies
- Hand-dyed ranges of silk embroidery threads, silk ribbons and silk fibres, Plus alpaca, Merino, silk, and Merino/silk sliver for felting and spinning, all hand painted by Christine of FibreHart.
- Jacquard acid dyes.
- Knitting yarns / spinning and felting fibres / quilting fabrics/ local crafts and gifts
Slivers – silk/wool, silk/bamboo, silk/cotton, hemp, cotton, soybean
Minimum order 1 kg. Discounts 5 kg and over.
Exotic fibres, fleeces, natural dyes, craft books & magazines, knitting yarn, classes. All handcraft supplies.
Ashford spinning wheels, looms, fibres and accessories.
Mail order and on line shopping.
ALPACA Specialising in superfine/fine alpaca fibre, 12 natural colours including white
Raw fleece; washed and carded sliver
Luxurious bright coloured silk and alpaca blends
Alpaca yarns; 2 ply, 4 ply, 8 ply in natural colours
Scarf knit kits in vibrant dyed 2 ply, with pattern
Order from our website shop
We look forward to supplying you with quality alpaca.
Proprietors: Linda Blake and Nic Cooper
Yarn manufacturer and retailer.
Unless a Creative Fibre member is wishing to commission a spin batch of yarn of 300kg or more, all other enquiries are now handled through Skeinz. These include purchasing Naked Skeinz for small scale dying.
- Merino, Halfbred, Romney, Lincoln, Corriedale, Crossbred
- Superfine, fine, medium, strong
- Black, Brown, Grey, Fawn, Spotted
- Imported fantasy yarns from Crystal Palace, Trendsetter, Prism, Katia, Patons, Cleckheaton, and others.
- Spinning wheels and accessories – new and secondhand
- Weaving accessories
- Sliver – natural and dyed
- Yarns – natural, dyed, felted and novelty
- Dyes. Knitwear. Washed fleeces.
- Wool and silk tops.
- Felting fleeces and needles.
Farm and workshop tours.
Stockists of Ashford products for spinning, weaving, knitting, felting.
Stockists of Majacraft products.
(Located just south of the Otaihanga Roundabout on SH1)
- Alpaca fibre (raw and carded)
- The best of New Zealand alpaca yarns from 1 ply to 8 ply, boucle and hand dyed sock yarn
- Hand woven alpaca products.
Home also to the Cuesta Weave weaving studio. We also do farm tours.
The Alpaca Box shop is open most days, but please phone first 09 292 4334.
Hiya Hiya knitting needles and accessories
Fibre for spinning
Majacraft spinning wheels and accessories
Yarn and knitting accessories
Hand dyed yarn and fibre
Open from Wednesday to Saturday 10am to 5pm
- Boutique Mill – all products produced on site.
- Carded and combed sliver for hand spinning and felting – Corriedale blends and solid colours both natural and dyed, many blends with silk, mohair and glitter.
- Yarn spun in our Mill – suitable for weaving, hand and machine knitting – huge range from 2ply ( lace weight ) to Bulky – natural, plain and multi coloured.
- Corriedale sheep farmed – Quality hand spinning fleeces available – Light and Dark Grey, Coffee, Charcoal and Black.
- Mail order our speciality both National and International.
- Farm shop open by arrangement.
- Pictures of all products on Facebook – Anna Gratton Ltd.
We sell carded alpaca fibre in a wide range of natural colours, 8 ply natural colour 100% NZ alpaca yarn, 8 ply dyed 100% alpaca yarn, 10 ply alpaca boucle yarn, handknitted accessories and baby wear in alpaca, machine knitted alpaca baby blankets, scarves and wraps. We have an online shop and a farm shop (open by appointment only). Individual farm tours also available (bookings essential).
Alpaca yarns various, and blends of alpaca. All 100% New Zealand and processed at Bruce Woollen Mill, Milton – check our website for more details.
Natural Coloured Alpaca fleece, washed and carded.
Alpaca Knitting Yarns:
8 ply, 80% Alpaca/ 20% Wool in natural colours and dyed
Hand dyed yarns
Mohair natural and dyed
Gotland fleece and yarn
Angora rabbit fibre (white)