Laurel is a knit designer and fibre artist. She is a featured artist in Anne Packers book STITCH. Also featured in House and Garden Jan 2004 as well as many other magazine and newspaper articles. Laurel runs a home-based business and is on the HB arts Trail. Laurel’s main passion is machine knitting but is continually learning new craft techniques and applying them to her knitting. She has a passion for colour and loves to create one off designs.
Laurel takes knitting and craft beyond the norm creating pieces for interior design including wall hangings and whimsical chairs and beaded jewelry as well as fashion pieces. Laurel is a national judge for machine knitters and an international and national tutor. She has taught at retreats in Texas, San Diego, and Los Angeles as well as throughout Australia and New Zealand. Laurel loves to enter competitions to provide that impetus to create something extra special and has had considerable success over the years.
- Design – from inspiration to completion.
- Working without patterns.
- Machine Knit – all levels
- Fabric Beads – creative ideas and jewellery making
- Beading Techniques – crochet, knit and more.
- Make your own jewellery and embellishing ideas
- Originally Yours – adding a creative touch and thinking outside the square
- Creative Fabrics – some different ways of making your own fabric