- 1/2 Day Classes:
- Flax Weaving For Beginners
- Expanding Your Creative Response: Telling Your Own Story
- Full Day Classes
- The Art Of Paper Making
- Tapestry By Design: Sharpen and Expand on Design Ideas
- Free Form Tapestry Weaving
Laurel is a knit designer and fibre artist. She is a featured artist in Anne Packers book STITCH. Also featured in House and Garden Jan 2004 as well as many other magazine and newspaper articles. Laurel runs a home-based business and is on the HB arts Trail. Laurel’s main passion is machine knitting but is continually learning new craft techniques and applying them to her knitting. She has a passion for colour and loves to create one off designs.
Laurel takes knitting and craft beyond the norm creating pieces for interior design including wall hangings and whimsical chairs and beaded jewelry as well as fashion pieces. Laurel is a national judge for machine knitters and an international and national tutor. She has taught at retreats in Texas, San Diego, and Los Angeles as well as throughout Australia and New Zealand. Laurel loves to enter competitions to provide that impetus to create something extra special and has had considerable success over the years.
- Design – from inspiration to completion.
- Working without patterns.
- Machine Knit – all levels
- Fabric Beads – creative ideas and jewellery making
- Beading Techniques – crochet, knit and more.
- Make your own jewellery and embellishing ideas
- Originally Yours – adding a creative touch and thinking outside the square
- Creative Fabrics – some different ways of making your own fabric
Angela tutors feltmaking processes and design, from dyeing the materials through to samples exploring colour and design layering, to garment or art piece planning and making considerations. Her classes are limited to 10 people maximum, often fewer, and the content is adjusted to the participants and the time and space available. Her main fascination is the layering of colour and texture, and starting students on their own voyage of discovery and creative expression. She also stitches, and paints on layers of applied texture on canvas. She used to weave, and still spins for her own enjoyment and use! http://www.art2enjoy.co.nz shows cv and course information, and the work by her and her sister, and http://www.art2enjoy.blogspot.com shares the work of their students and tutoring activities as well.
- Dyeing (wool, silk, cotton, including wax resist and other techniques)
- Felt making: from wool to stitching and making, including nuno, hats and art pieces
- Mixed media options
(Will travel to run classes)
I have been working with textiles for more than 30 years now, regularly exhibiting and teaching around New Zealand, and more recently in Australia, Britain and the United States. My work is held in private collections in New Zealand, Australia, Britain, America, and Japan, and has gained a number of national awards. In my stitched work, I combine a wide range of cloth, also paper, print and found objects, to convey an idea or feeling. Another passion is handmade books and journals. My books and textiles share a natural affinity, in material and concept, tactile experience, and use of visual language.
- Surface Tension
- Needle Felting Surfaces for Stitch
- Make Your Mark
- Where Do You Start?
- Fabulous Fabric Covered Journal
See website for details, images, and information.