Classes tailored to individual/group requirements.
- Growing good wool for handcraft use
- Selection and preparation of wool for handcraft use
- ‘Adventures with Wool’ (on farm workshop)
- Dyeing and use of colour
- Knitting and knitting without a pattern
- Diagonal weaving
- Basic weaving
- Needle felting
- Wet felting
- Rug hooking
Angela tutors feltmaking processes and design, from dyeing the materials through to samples exploring colour and design layering, to garment or art piece planning and making considerations. Her classes are limited to 10 people maximum, often fewer, and the content is adjusted to the participants and the time and space available. Her main fascination is the layering of colour and texture, and starting students on their own voyage of discovery and creative expression. She also stitches, and paints on layers of applied texture on canvas. She used to weave, and still spins for her own enjoyment and use! http://www.art2enjoy.co.nz shows cv and course information, and the work by her and her sister, and http://www.art2enjoy.blogspot.com shares the work of their students and tutoring activities as well.
- Dyeing (wool, silk, cotton, including wax resist and other techniques)
- Felt making: from wool to stitching and making, including nuno, hats and art pieces
- Mixed media options
(Will travel to run classes)