- Merino, Halfbred, Romney, Lincoln, Corriedale, Crossbred
- Superfine, fine, medium, strong
- Black, Brown, Grey, Fawn, Spotted
- Imported fantasy yarns from Crystal Palace, Trendsetter, Prism, Katia, Patons, Cleckheaton, and others.
- Spinning wheels and accessories – new and secondhand
- Weaving accessories
- Sliver – natural and dyed
- Yarns – natural, dyed, felted and novelty
- Dyes. Knitwear. Washed fleeces.
- Wool and silk tops.
- Felting fleeces and needles.
Farm and workshop tours.
Stockists of Ashford products for spinning, weaving, knitting, felting.
Stockists of Majacraft products.
(Located just south of the Otaihanga Roundabout on SH1)
- Alpaca fibre (raw and carded)
- The best of New Zealand alpaca yarns from 1 ply to 8 ply, boucle and hand dyed sock yarn
- Hand woven alpaca products.
Home also to the Cuesta Weave weaving studio. We also do farm tours.
The Alpaca Box shop is open most days, but please phone first 09 292 4334.
Hiya Hiya knitting needles and accessories
Fibre for spinning
Majacraft spinning wheels and accessories
Yarn and knitting accessories
Hand dyed yarn and fibre
Open from Wednesday to Saturday 10am to 5pm
- Boutique Mill – all products produced on site.
- Carded and combed sliver for hand spinning and felting – Corriedale blends and solid colours both natural and dyed, many blends with silk, mohair and glitter.
- Yarn spun in our Mill – suitable for weaving, hand and machine knitting – huge range from 2ply ( lace weight ) to Bulky – natural, plain and multi coloured.
- Corriedale sheep farmed – Quality hand spinning fleeces available – Light and Dark Grey, Coffee, Charcoal and Black.
- Mail order our speciality both National and International.
- Farm shop open by arrangement.
- Pictures of all products on Facebook – Anna Gratton Ltd.
We sell carded alpaca fibre in a wide range of natural colours, 8 ply natural colour 100% NZ alpaca yarn, 8 ply dyed 100% alpaca yarn, 10 ply alpaca boucle yarn, handknitted accessories and baby wear in alpaca, machine knitted alpaca baby blankets, scarves and wraps. We have an online shop and a farm shop (open by appointment only). Individual farm tours also available (bookings essential).
Alpaca yarns various, and blends of alpaca. All 100% New Zealand and processed at Bruce Woollen Mill, Milton – check our website for more details.
Natural Coloured Alpaca fleece, washed and carded.
Alpaca Knitting Yarns:
8 ply, 80% Alpaca/ 20% Wool in natural colours and dyed
Hand dyed yarns
Mohair natural and dyed
Gotland fleece and yarn
Angora rabbit fibre (white)
Ph 0800 274 3673 (NZ only)
- Yarns and Fibres for Spinners, Weavers and Felters
- Knitting supplies
- Spinning wheels, looms, and all accessories
The Beautiful Yarn Company
SOFT merino knitting yarns, exquisite fibres, exciting colours and contemporary patterns from New Zealand’s favourite yarn company. We ship worldwide daily and you can view our stockists online.
- Handspun yarns, fibre for spinning or felting, hand dyed luxury yarns.
- Handwoven textiles.
- Tuition in spinning, dyeing, weaving and crochet.
Supplier of KnitPro and HiyaHiya knitting needles and accessories, hand-dyed yarns and fibres, Schoppel-Wolle yarns, Majacraft spinning wheels and accessories. Specialist in sock yarn and boutique knitting, crochet and spinning tools and materials.
Specialist Textile Supply, Tutoring and Finished Gallery works. Hand dyed quality fibres, yarns and fabrics. Dyed staples and locks, carded slivers and combed top in merino, corriedale and crossbred, and large range of different types of silk fibres. Woodville Gallery open weekends and by appointment.