- Alpaca fibre (raw and carded)
- The best of New Zealand alpaca yarns from 1 ply to 8 ply, boucle and hand dyed sock yarn
- Hand woven alpaca products.
Home also to the Cuesta Weave weaving studio. We also do farm tours.
The Alpaca Box shop is open most days, but please phone first 09 292 4334.
- Boutique Mill – all products produced on site.
- Carded and combed sliver for hand spinning and felting – Corriedale blends and solid colours both natural and dyed, many blends with silk, mohair and glitter.
- Yarn spun in our Mill – suitable for weaving, hand and machine knitting – huge range from 2ply ( lace weight ) to Bulky – natural, plain and multi coloured.
- Corriedale sheep farmed – Quality hand spinning fleeces available – Light and Dark Grey, Coffee, Charcoal and Black.
- Mail order our speciality both National and International.
- Farm shop open by arrangement.
- Pictures of all products on Facebook – Anna Gratton Ltd.
Ph 0800 274 3673 (NZ only)
- Yarns and Fibres for Spinners, Weavers and Felters
- Knitting supplies
- Spinning wheels, looms, and all accessories
Hand Dyed Spinning Wools, Felting wools, Silk Fibres and related products, Hand Dyed Knitting Wools, Handspun Luxury Knitting Wools, Embroidery threads.
Raw Gotland fleeces available ranging in colours from near white, grey to jet black. On request, carded fleeces available, either as pure Gotland or blended with coloured merino.
We are both an online and have a physical retail shop
- Ashford Agent
- General craft supplies
- Hand-dyed ranges of silk embroidery threads, silk ribbons and silk fibres, Plus alpaca, Merino, silk, and Merino/silk sliver for felting and spinning, all hand painted by Christine of FibreHart.
- Jacquard acid dyes.
- Knitting yarns / spinning and felting fibres / quilting fabrics/ local crafts and gifts
Merino, Alpaca, Cotton, Mohair, Linen, various/mixed other.
- Handspun yarns, fibre for spinning or felting, hand dyed luxury yarns.
- Handwoven textiles.
- Tuition in spinning, dyeing, weaving and crochet.
Making all your fibre dreams come true…
100% NZ grown & processed Organic and eco-friendly hand-dyed Ultrafine and Superfine Merino top, Silk and luxury fibre.
Cochenille Garment Designer Software, Ertoel – Roberta Electronic NZ distributer, Majacraft dealer.
Want something special, I let me source it for you.
Alpaca yarns various, and blends of alpaca. All 100% New Zealand and processed at Bruce Woollen Mill, Milton – check our website for more details.
Woolcraft supplies, fleeces (I have a farm and grow fleece for handcraft use), slivers, yarn, woolcraft equipment, Wizpick felting needles, diagonal weaving boards.
Proprietor: Anne Grassham
- Merino, Halfbred, Romney, Lincoln, Corriedale, Crossbred
- Superfine, fine, medium, strong
- Black, Brown, Grey, Fawn, Spotted
- Imported fantasy yarns from Crystal Palace, Trendsetter, Prism, Katia, Patons, Cleckheaton, and others.
- Spinning wheels and accessories – new and secondhand
- Weaving accessories
- Sliver – natural and dyed
- Yarns – natural, dyed, felted and novelty
- Dyes. Knitwear. Washed fleeces.
- Wool and silk tops.
- Felting fleeces and needles.
Farm and workshop tours.
Stockists of Ashford products for spinning, weaving, knitting, felting.
Stockists of Majacraft products.
(Located just south of the Otaihanga Roundabout on SH1)
Exotic fibres, fleeces, natural dyes, craft books & magazines, knitting yarn, classes. All handcraft supplies.
Ashford spinning wheels, looms, fibres and accessories.
Mail order and on line shopping.