Area Delegate: Janette Theobald
Convenor: Beth Pottinger-Hockings
Taranaki Creative Fibre is part of a nationwide group of individuals similarly interested in fibrecrafts such as spinning, weaving, dyeing, felting, knitting and crochet. The Taranaki area covers from Urenui in the north to Waverley in the south. Area meetings (Guild Days) are held 4 times a year at various locations around Taranaki. The benefits of being a Member include:
- Automatic affiliation to Creative Fibre
- You receive the CF magazine 4 times a year with updates on events around the country
- You are able to attend classes run and subsidised by CF Taranaki, attend national workshops and undertake self directed learning courses
- Summer and winter weekend retreats
- Availability of books and DVDs from the Taranaki Area library and National Resource library.
- Attend the annual national festival and exhibition and enter the biennial Taranaki exhibition.
Area Delegate: Anne Curtis
Assistant Area Delegate: Sheila Key
Secretary: Kathy Mitchell
Treasurer: Vicki Green
Newsletter Editor/Database: Marilyn Rea-Menzies
The Waikato area has 13 groups spreading from the King Country to the top of Coromandel – Cambridge, Hakarimata (Ngaruawahia area), Hamilton, Matamata, Mercury Bay, Morrinsville, Taumaranui, Taupo, Te Awamutu, Te Kuiti, Thames, Tokoroa, Waihi and Whangamata. Several groups have day and night meetings to accommodate their members.
This group meets to share spinning, weaving, felting, fibre dying and anything else anyone can think of that is fibre-related. If you’re interested in attending, please phone Sue first, as we sometimes meet in different places.
Contact Sue Sands for more information.
Back Room, Baptist Church, Teasdale Street, Te Awamutu. All meetings.
1st and 3rd Tuesday 10am – 2.00pm – All disciplines
2nd Tuesday 6.30pm – 9.00pm – Weaving
4th Thursday 7pm- 9.30pm – Spinners
Contact Kris Pilton for more information.