Area Delegate: Janette Theobald
Convenor: Beth Pottinger-Hockings
Taranaki Creative Fibre is part of a nationwide group of individuals similarly interested in fibrecrafts such as spinning, weaving, dyeing, felting, knitting and crochet. The Taranaki area covers from Urenui in the north to Waverley in the south. Area meetings (Guild Days) are held 4 times a year at various locations around Taranaki. The benefits of being a Member include:
- Automatic affiliation to Creative Fibre
- You receive the CF magazine 4 times a year with updates on events around the country
- You are able to attend classes run and subsidised by CF Taranaki, attend national workshops and undertake self directed learning courses
- Summer and winter weekend retreats
- Availability of books and DVDs from the Taranaki Area library and National Resource library.
- Attend the annual national festival and exhibition and enter the biennial Taranaki exhibition.